Whether you have lots of money to spend on your design project or very little, there are always things you can do to update your home. Sometimes money isn’t the problem, having the time to tackle a big project isn’t always feasible.
Rearranging furniture is the fastest, cheapest way to change the look of a room.
- Move the sofa from one side of the room to the other to create a new conversational grouping
- Put the sofa in the middle of the room. Place a unique sofa table behind it for a new focal point
- Forget the TV and orient your furniture to the view outdoors.
- Arrange furniture on an angle instead of everything straight with the walls.
- Be sure to angle the area rug too or roll them up for the summer season
Move furniture from one room to another for a totally different look.
- Mixing up styles adds some excitement to the space.
- Try the bedroom chair in the family room.
- Or move the upholstered arm chair to the bedroom for a cozy reading nook.
- The trunk or bench at the end of your bed might make a perfect coffee table.
- Swap some of your casual tables in the family room for the more formal tables in the living room.
Change room entirely:
- Make the dining room a library or den or office or craft room
- Never use the formal living room? Turn it into a reading room or move your computer in and create a home office.
The point is, you don’t need to spend much time or money to get a fresh look to your home. A little ingenuity and muscle power and you have a new space!