Answer these 5 questions BEFORE starting a bathroom remodel!
The bathroom is probably the most used room in the house. And often one of the last to be remodeled. There are as many excuses as there are homeowners from “where do I start?” to “can I afford it?”.
So before you begin, answer these 5 questions:
- Why remodel the bathroom?
- Is your family growing? Are you ready to sell? Or is it ugly and outdated?
- Does it needs a complete overhaul or just a cosmetic change?
- How much money do you have to spend?
- Set your budget. You can’t start a bathroom remodel without a financial plan.
- Are you planning to stay in the home for the long-haul or move in 5 years?
- What’s your style?
- Will the bath coordinate with the rest of your house or are you ready to try something completely different?
- Who uses the bath will determine how you decorate: Is it a Master bath? Kids bath? Guest bath or power room?
- Will you stick with the existing footprint or add on?
- What are ages of the people living in the home? Will you need to consider Universal Design?
- DIY or hire a contractor?
- Do you have the skills, know-how and tools to tackle the project?
- What are the code and permit requirements in your community?
These questions need to be answered before jumping in and making any purchases. Then the fun part can begin: finding, ordering and coordinating fixtures and faucets, vanity and sink, flooring and tile, storage options, accessories and paint.
I know it can be overwhelming. I’m here to help you answer these questions, make decisions and determine your unique style. An interior designer can save you money and avoid costly mistakes.
Perfection is in the Details: How to Pair Sinks and Faucets