Guests are coming in an hour and I’m so ready, I’m on the computer! The best hostess is a relaxed one. Guests have a much better time when the hosts are having fun.
Secrets for a successful dinner party:
- Plan your menu early.
- Unless you are a gourmet cook, keep food simple.
- Make a couple dishes in your kitchen and fill in with bakery bread and dessert.
- Plan your table setting early too. That way you are sure to have enough of everything.
- Set the table the day before. The only thing left to do is light the candles before company arrives.
- Put on good music, whatever suits the mood of the party.
- Pour the drinks.