Your house is probably all decorated for Halloween. But what about your party table? Here 10 fast and easy steps to setting a spooky table.
- Stick with traditional Halloween colors of black and orange.
- Forget looking for the perfect tablecloth. Head to the fabric store. I found a mini check in black and white.
Tip # 3:
- Instead of a charger or placemat, I used glitter scrapbook paper at each placesetting.
Tip # 4:
- The secret to finding dishes in a specific color (like these orange plates) is to be on the look-out all year long. I scooped these up months ago, knowing they’d be perfect come October 31.
Tip # 5:
- The napkin rings are glow-in-the-dark fangs! I tied them around a folded napkin with a bit of ribbon.
Tip # 6:
- It wouldn’t be Halloween without a few scary elements.
- The eyeball floating in the wine glass will surely surprise my guests.
Tip # 7:
- Then I cut plastic spider rings to fit around the stem of each glass. Give everyone a different color so they know which drink is theirs.
Tip # 8:
- The skeleton is just for the fun of it.
Tip # 9:
- The table runner is a recycled lace blouse from Goodwill! Cut off the sleeves, collar and buttons. Unless the fabric is a loose, weave (and unravels easily) you don’t have to hem the edges. Lay it down the center of the table, but scrunch it up. You don’t want it to be too neat.
Tip # 10:
- Finish the centerpiece with candles and piles of pumpkins.
No matter what you serve, your table will be memorable.