Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean you have to pack away all your decorations. Snowmen and snowflakes are great for the holidays, but they can also brighten your home during the long winter months. I live in a northern climate where we get lots of snow, cold weather and more dark than daylight. Snowmen are the perfect indulgence for this endless season.
- Take them off your mantle and tuck them into little nooks and crannies. Just by moving them around the house, you’ve created a something new.
- Move part of your collection to the bathroom or bedroom.
- If you’re expecting guests this winter, display them in the guest room for an unexpected touch.
- Set the table with snow friends. Position one at each place setting at a winter party.
- Gather your men with a little quilters batting or fake snow on a tray for a centerpiece.
- Make paper snowflakes (or have your kids do it) to hang in the window. Line the snowmen on the window sill.
- Fill the empty corner in your kitchen with snowmen.
- Don’t pack away the snowmen dishes you used at Christmas time. Fill them with appetizers at your next football party.
You can’t fight winter, might as well enjoy it!