A good plan is the best way to enjoy a stress-free or stress-less holiday season.
Start a notebook just for December. Make sure it’s small enough so you can carry it with you.
Make a list of what you plan to accomplish and eliminate the things you don’t enjoy or have time to do.
- Who you are buying for
- Gift ideas and where you can make your purchases
- Budget, how much will you spend?
- Ribbons and bows
- Set a date for the party (parties)
- Make out guest list
- Send invitations or make phone calls
- Organize table linens. Wash and iron
- Check supply of paper plates and napkins
- Do you have an adequate supply of glasses, dishes, silverware, serving pieces
Food and Drinks
- Plan food, appetizers and drinks
- What will other guests bring?
- Shop for food and drinks
- Prepare anything that can be made in advance
- Do a little at a time and skip rooms no one will see
- Better yet, hire a cleaning service
- If you spread it out over several days or weeks, it won’t be so overwhelming
- Enlist help from the rest of the family
- To send or not to send?
- Purchase cards
- Consider New Year’s cards instead
- Make a list of items to be baked
- Make out shopping list
- Shop for ingredients